Coats launches thread for secure button attachment
- 14 Jul 2015
Coats Group plc, the world’s leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business, is launching Secura, a fusible thread which helps secure buttons and also other decorative applications such as sequins and beads. Its enhanced fixing security is of particular benefit for buttons used in children’s wear.
The bonding properties of the thread are heat activated, by steam or iron, which forms a durable bond between the stitches. This helps increase security by preventing the stitch from unravelling and also provides a cleaner finished appearance to the final garment than standard sewing threads as loose ends can be sealed using the same method.
Rajiv Sharma, CEO, Industrial, Coats Group plc, said: ‘Secura has been developed in response to feedback from our customers looking for ways to reduce returns of garments due to buttons, beads or sequins coming loose. Using Secura helps increase their confidence that buttons and decorative attachments will remain in place, as well as improving the appearance of the final garment.’
Secura is a polyester/polyester corespun thread which resists abrasion and ensures excellent sewability.
To find out more about Secura go to:
To download a high resolution photo of Coats Secura thread go to: www.coats.com/imagelibrary
For more information contact:
Kristina Blissett, Head of Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
T +44 (0)208 210 5084, M +44 (0)7714 539887
Notes to Editors
With a rich heritage dating back to the 1750s, Coats is the world's leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business, at home in more than 70 countries, employing over 20,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2014 were US$1.7bn.
Our well-known brands and strong relationships with customers and consumers mean our products and services meet current and future needs. Our company-wide understanding of our business partners and consumers, coupled with the deep expertise of our people, builds trust and certainty.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company continues leading the way around the world: providing complementary and value added products and services to the apparel and footwear industries; extending the crafts offer into new markets and online; and applying innovative techniques to develop products in new areas such as tracer threads, aramids and fibre optics.
- One in five garments on the planet is held together using Coats’ thread
- More than 100 million car airbags are made using Coats’ thread every year
- Coats produces enough yarn to knit 70 million scarves a year
- Every three hours Coats makes enough thread to go to the moon and back
- More than 450 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- In 1879 Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in his experiments to invent the light bulb
- Every week over one billion teabags are brewed using Coats’ thread
- Coats produces enough thread to reach around the Equator every ten minutes
- Thousands of surgical operations take place every day using Coats’ thread
- Coats is the second largest and fastest growing global zip manufacturer