Coats solutions for outdoor apparel
Coats Colour Express
Registered users can place Sample Orders. Contact the local Coats office for registration.
Registered users can place Bulk Orders. Contact the local Coats office for registration.
Performance. Planet. Productivity.
Coats manufacture thread, zip and trim solutions that deliver quality and robustness for premium outdoor apparel.
Our wide variety of sewing threads for outdoor apparel have been designed with the environment in mind and in certain instances special finishes such as anti-wicking can be applied for water resistance.
Coats AWF Thread Range
Coats AWF thread range incorporates a specially formulated finish to provide enhanced water resistance in outdoor applications.
Coats AS Thread Range
Coats AS range of sewing threads are designed to reduce the occurrence of down leakage in outdoor apparel garments.
Coats Outdoor Thread Range
Learn more about our range of products for outdoor apparel below.
Coats Epic AWF is an environmentally friendly, anti-wicking thread for water-resistant outdoor wear and workwear.
- A high-tech corespun thread that combines a high tenacity polyester filament core with a polyester fibre wrap to make a versatile and productive thread
- The PFC-free anti-wick finish prevents the capillary action of water transportation through the thread in the seam
- Specially formulated finish delivers a high degree of water resistance
Epic EcoVerde AS
Coats Epic Ecoverde AS is a highly versatile corespun thread made from 100% recycled materials.
- Creates a smoother, softer handle to the sewn seam when compared with conventional sewing threads
- Allows lower tension settings, improving the stitch balance and providing neater and flatter seams
- Excellent static and dynamic friction values reduce leakage of “down” through the needle hole
- Provides solutions for oil-sensitive materials such as CO fabrics
Coats Signal Lucence is a range of sew-on tapes, heat transfers and self-adhesive material which utilises a patent pending, revolutionary safety innovation based on phosphorescent technology (VizLite DT).
- Up to 8 hours of visibility on one charge, with no need for batteries
- The technology lasts as long as the garment with accelerated testing showing the phosphorescent pigments work for 20 years
- Certified to meet global standards including Anti static, Arc Protection, FR Protection, Hi Visibility, Oeko-Tex etc
- Lightweight solution - does not add weight to the garment
Opti S HydroF
Opti S HydroF zips combine strength, security and the unique flat appearance of Opti S technology with a specially formulated PU film for the highest level of protection from water penetration in its class.
- PFC free PU hydrophobic zips, offering the highest level of protection from water penetration for its class
- Designed with no space between the tapes for optimum water repellency and high abrasion resistance
- 100% recycled polyester yarns of the textile tape and the spiral help to reduce the environmental impact
- Ideal for applications involving heavier loads and frequent zipping and unzipping operations
Coats Gramax AWF
Coats Gramax AWF is a 100% polyester continuous filament textured thread with a PFC-free anti-wick finish.
- 100% polyester continuous filament textured thread
- Provides good seam coverage and softness for neat, comfortable seams
- The PFC-free anti-wick finish inhibits the capillary effect, thereby ensuring that no water is taken up by the thread
- When the correct sewing tension is used, the transport of water through the needle hole is prevented
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® CLASS I