Gotex StremX HY
New generation of high performance yarns for use as strength members in fibre optic cables
Gotex StremX HY is a mix of organic and inorganic fibres with excelent flexibilty which allows a good connectorisation. Outstanding mechanical properties and creep performance.
Features and Benefits
- High Young’s’s Modulus: Strand tensile modulus of StremX HY is up to 35% higher in comparison with fibre glass yarn
- High Tensile Strength: Strand tensile strength of StremX HY is twofold than fibre glass yarn
- Outstanding flexibility
- Better Impact Resistance and Fatigue Resistance: Impact resistance and fatigue resistance of StremX HY yarn has been greatly improved in comparison to standard fibre glass yarn. This feature can provide higher reliably, longer service life and lower maintained cost
- Allows a good connectorisation
- Exceptional stress resistance over long periods of time, increasing reliability of fibre optic cable
- Outdoor cables
- Buried cables
- Aerial cables
- Fibre optic cables:
- Strength Member
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.