Continuous filament polyester for wires and cables
An excellent general purpose water blocking material, Coats Dabond Ultrabloc is appropriate for a wide variety of uses in fibre optic cables where high absorbency is needed.
Features and Benefits
- 2 to 3 times better water absorption than typical competitors due to our proprietary coating process which incorporates more super absorbent polymer in the same thickness of coating compared to competitors
- Low flaking / dusting
- Available in both single end and 2 end packages
- Binding and/or wrapping around and/or alongside central or radial strength members
- Can be used for water blocking inside buffer tubes to eliminate gel (also see Coats spun ultrabloc products)
- General purpose use for any application needing high absorbency water blocking
- For use in loose tube, ribbon, central tube, or tight buffer cable
- Used in both armoured and unarmoured optical cable
A variety of packaging options are available. Typical package sizes include, but are not limited to: 3.0” ID x 8.5” L, 2.0” ID x 7.0” L, 5.0” ID x 8.5” L, 3.7“ ID x 8.5” L and 5.0” ID x 9.0" L.
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.