Protos Ultrabloc STM
Water swellable, super absorbent coated aramid for use in cables as a strength member
Coats Protos Ultrabloc STM is a water swellable, super absorbent coated aramid for use in cables as a strength member.
Ultrabloc coating is proven to provide as a strength member a world class water absorption for fibre optic cable applications. Protos Ultrabloc STM can provide some of the lowest dusting and shedding in the fibre optic industry to help reduce machine downtime and improve cleanliness and safety during cable manufacture.
Features and Benefits
- General purpose flexible strength member for any application needing dry water blocking in combination with cable strength
- Particularly good for dielectric (non-conducting) cable usage
- 2-3 times better water absorption than typical competitors due to our proprietary coating process which incorporates about 2-3 times more super absorbent polymer in the same thickness of coating as typical competitors
- Available in standard modulus and high modulus
- For use in loose tube, central tube, or tight buffer cable
- Used in both armoured and unarmoured optical cable
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.