Gotex FGU L
Lightweight and flexible fibreglass yarn with a water-absorbent coating
Gotex FGU L is a lightweight and flexible fibreglass yarn with a water-absorbent coating.
It is engineered to strengthen fibre optic cables and block water from reaching the cable core. The yarn is available in a choice of coatings to suit your end use and can even be coloured for identification purposes. It can also help stop rodent damage.
Features and Benefits
- Tailor made fibre dimensions, with regular and continuous width and thickness
- Extremely soft coating finishes, that do not mark their presence in the cable jacket
- Premium quality raw materials
- No fibre or dust flow during processing
- Excellent swelling capacity to prevent water from entering into the cable interior
- All dielectric
- Wide levels of flexibility, with perfect adaptation to the cable’s shape
- Fire-proof and rodent-proof
- Fibre optic cables needing extra protection from water
- Rodent protection
Data and values shown in this file are based on tests in our own laboratory and on information received from our raw material suppliers. The technical data given herein has been compiled for your help and guidance. They shall however not be binding.
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.