Silicone free polyester thread ideal for usage in wet filtration of automotive paints and finishes
Coats Gral SIF is a lubricated pre-stabilised high tenacity continuous filament polyester thread that is manufactured in a controlled clean room to ensure almost complete absence of silicone below spectroscopic low traces of <0.05 ppm (parts per million).
Silicone contamination can result in surface defects on automotive paint coat surfaces.
Coats Gral SIF is ideal to sew filters used in wet filtration of car paints as well as for workwear worn in this critical area. Coats Gral SIF is tested and approved to ensure that paint-wetting impairment substances are tested below approved spectroscopic trace levels.
Features and Benefits
- Free of contaminating substances like oils, greases, graphite, waxes, paraffin etc. and with silicon traces tested and approved in accordance with <0.05 ppm automotive industry norms
- Made from pre-stabilised high tenacity continuous filament polyester that is specially lubricated to deliver outstanding sewing performance in the most demanding applications
- Gral SIF sil free products are different from NS (non-silicone) products available in the market, which may not use silicone for lube finishes but, which may contain <0.05 pm silicone spectroscopic traces
- Standard 100 by Oeko-tex® Class I
- Other paint shop products
- Paint shop filters
- Paint shop garments
- Paint shop gloves
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.