Richard Mountain, richard.mountain@FTIconsulting.com, T +44 20 3727 1374
(in NZ) Geoff Senescall, email@example.com, T +64 9 309 5659
Anna Mitchell, Group Director of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org T +44 (0)208 210 5015, M +44 (0)7740 747976
Anke Banaschewski, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
T +49 (89) 544799 – 0, email@example.com
Notes to Editors
With a rich heritage dating back to the 1750s, Coats is the world's leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business, at home in more than 70 countries, employing over 20,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2013 were US$1.7bn.
Our well-known brands and strong relationships with customers and consumers mean our products and services meet current and future needs. Our company-wide understanding of our business partners and consumers, coupled with the deep expertise of our people, builds trust and certainty.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company continues leading the way around the world: providing complementary and value added products and services to the apparel and footwear industries; extending the crafts offer into new markets and online; and applying innovative techniques to develop products in new areas such as tracer threads, aramids and fibre optics.
- One in five garments on the planet is held together using Coats’ thread
- 100 million car airbags are made using Coats’ thread every year
- Coats produces enough yarn to knit 70 million scarves a year
- In three and a half hours, Coats makes enough thread to go to the moon and back
- 400 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- One million teabags using Coats’ thread are brewed every 10 minutes
- Thousands of surgical operations take place every day using Coats’ thread
- Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in 1879 to invent the light bulb
- Coats produces enough thread to reach around the Equator every 11 minutes
- Coats is the second largest and fastest growing global zip manufacturer
AURELIUS Group is a mid-market pan-European investor focused on value creation through operational improvement. Employing more than 70 professionals, it has offices in Munich, London, Stockholm and Madrid, with portfolio companies operating throughout Europe.
AURELIUS has particularly strong capabilities in the Industrials, Chemicals, Business Services, TMT and Consumer sectors and targets Pan-European private and public companies with revenues from £30m to £750m.
Shares in AURELIUS AG are listed in the m:access segment of the Munich Stock Exchange and are traded on all German stock exchanges under ISIN DE000A0JK2A8.
For more information see www.aureliusinvest.com