Coats Opti introduces new brilliant gloss metal zips
- 22 Aug 2013
World leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business Coats plc introduces a new product to the Coats Opti zips range – Coats Opti M Ultra.
The zips are produced using a proprietary process on the metal in place of the standard wire brushing used on conventional metal zips. This treatment means the metal components are completely deburred and abraded, including in areas that are not easily accessed by mechanical processes. This results in a uniformly shiny zip which opens and closes very smoothly.
Coats Opti M Ultra is particularly aimed at handbags but can be used across the luggage, apparel and footwear sectors. Finishes are available in ultra gold, ultra light gold, ultra silver, ultra gun metal and ultra black.
Rajiv Sharma, Chief Executive Officer, Industrial, Coats plc, said: ‘The unique benefits of Coats Opti M Ultra zips are their uniformly brilliant gloss finish and their smooth zipping and unzipping performance. It is yet another example of our market leading approach to developing our portfolio of apparel, footwear and speciality thread, yarn and zip innovations.’
To download a high resolution image for Coats Opti M Ultra zips go to: www.coats.com/imagelibrary
For further information on Coats Opti M Ultra zips go to: https://coats-dev.addison-group.net/Products/Zips/Opti/Opti-M-Ultra
For more information please contact:
Kristina Blissett, Communications Manager, email@example.com
T +44 208 210 5084, M +44 7714 539887
Notes to Editors
With a rich heritage dating back to the 1750s, Coats is the world's leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business, at home in more than 70 countries, employing over 20,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2012 were US$1.7bn.
Our well-known brands and strong relationships with customers and consumers mean our products and services meet current and future needs. Our company-wide understanding of our business partners and consumers, coupled with the deep expertise of our people, builds trust and certainty.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company continues leading the way around the world: providing complementary and value added products and services to the apparel and footwear industries; extending the crafts offer into new markets and online; and applying innovative techniques to develop products in new areas such as tracer threads, aramids and fibre optics.
- One in five garments on the planet is held together using Coats’ thread
- 75 million car airbags are made using Coats’ thread every year
- Coats produces enough yarn to knit 65 million scarves a year
- In three and a half hours, Coats makes enough thread to go to the moon and back
- 300 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- One million teabags using Coats’ thread are brewed every 10 minutes
- Thousands of surgical operations take place every day using Coats’ thread
- Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in 1879 to invent the light bulb
- Coats produces enough thread to reach around the Equator every 11 minutes
- Coats is the second largest and fastest growing global zip manufacturer
To subscribe to news releases as they are added to the website go to www.coats.com/media