Notes to Editors
About Coats Opti Total Plastic (T PT) Range
The Opti P TP zips range currently consists of three products:
- P80 Auto-lock slider – auto-lock plastic sliders are necessary for products where the zip should be locked, such as life vests or where wind can unzip the product by accident. The auto-lock slider contains a metal internal locking spring, but this is not affected by corrosion
- P80 TP Pin-lock slider – pin-lock sliders have a locking mechanism attached to the puller. This slider locks when the locking mechanism is engaged by manually pressing the puller. The pin-lock slider is primarily used in military and outdoor goods
- P80 TP Non-lock slider – non-lock sliders are suitable for products where no additional force to the zip is applied during use
With a rich heritage dating back to the 1750s, Coats is the world's leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business, at home in more than 70 countries, employing over 20,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2012 were US$1.7bn.
Our well-known brands and strong relationships with customers and consumers mean our products and services meet current and future needs. Our company-wide understanding of our business partners and consumers, coupled with the deep expertise of our people, builds trust and certainty.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company continues leading the way around the world: providing complementary and value added products and services to the apparel and footwear industries; extending the crafts offer into new markets and online; and applying innovative techniques to develop products in new areas such as tracer threads, aramids and fibre optics.
- One in five garments on the planet is held together using Coats’ thread
- 75 million car airbags are made using Coats’ thread every year
- Coats produces enough yarn to knit 65 million scarves a year
- In three and a half hours, Coats makes enough thread to go to the moon and back
- 300 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- One million teabags using Coats’ thread are brewed every 10 minutes
- Thousands of surgical operations take place every day using Coats’ thread
- Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in 1879 to invent the light bulb
- Coats produces enough thread to reach around the Equator every 11 minutes
- Coats is the second largest and fastest growing global zip manufacturer
To find out more about Coats visit www.coats.com
To subscribe to news releases as they are added to the website go to www.coats.com/media