Coats Colour Express
Registered users can place Sample Orders. Contact the local Coats office for registration.
Registered users can place Bulk Orders. Contact the local Coats office for registration.
Website Terms and Conditions
If you have any questions about them or do not wish to accept them, please contact our group legal team at +44 208 210 5000 before using this website.
Information about us
We are Coats Group PLC, a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol BS13 8FD, England and our registered number is 103548.
A list of Coats Group companies is available here. The website to which these terms and conditions apply and for which we are responsible is www.coats.com.
Your use of this website
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
Intellectual Property Rights
This website and all the materials contained in it are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright, and either belong to us or are licensed to us to use. Materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, photos, videos and documents on the website, as well as other content such as product information sheets, brochures, price lists, articles, stories and other text.
You may not copy, redistribute, republish or otherwise make the materials on this website available to anyone else without our consent in writing.
You may print or download materials (including downloading to the bulletin board) from this website provided that:
- no materials are modified in any way;
- no graphics, photos or video are used separately from the accompanying text;
- our copyright and trade mark notices appear in all copies and you acknowledge this website as the source of the material; and
- the person to whom you providing these materials is made aware of these restrictions.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or via us from our licensors, as appropriate.
All trademarks displayed on this site are either owned or used under license by Coats Group PLC or other members of the Coats Group of companies.
Applications and Training Materials
Our site allows access and use to online calculators including but not limited to Seamwork+ and Coats Count (the “App”). The various calculators each have different functions and the user should use the calculator based on the user’s required estimate output. Examples of the calculators’ abilities include estimation of thread consumption and thereby estimation of quantity of thread and conversion of thread and yarn count systems.
In addition, our site provides users access to training materials (the “Training Materials”) which includes but is not limited to training videos.
You must read, accept and thereafter adhere to these terms in order to use the App and Training Materials.
In order to use the App and/or Training Materials, we grant to you a license to use the App and Training Materials solely for your own internal business operations. This license is personal and limited to you alone and as such is non-transferable.
You may not distribute or make the App and Training Materials available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
You may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify or create derivative works of the App and/or Training Materials or any part thereof.
By using the App and Training Materials, you acknowledge and agree that:
- the App and/or Training Materials is for information purposes only; and
- we make no warranties or assurances as to the accuracy of the information contained in the Training Materials or information generated by the App. Use of this App and the results arising from it are intended as a guide only and do not amount to an offer, invoice, invitation to treat or similar.
Our liability to you
These terms and conditions do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for:
- personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with all or any hardware and software which you may use. We do not guarantee that this website will be available all the time or at any specific time. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify this website at any time.
We do not assume any liability of any kind whatsoever resulting from the use, or reliance upon any information, material or procedure contained on the site.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our Group Companies and third parties connected to us expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any:
- direct; or
- indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (or deceit) (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and visits to our site
Information on this website
Unless information on this website is transactional (including, without limitation product and pricing information), all other information contained on this website is given for general information and interest purposes only. Whilst we try and ensure the information contained on the website is accurate and up to date, we cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or incompleteness in the information. As a result, you should not rely on this information, and we recommend that you take further advice or seek further guidance before taking any action based on the information contained on this website. Our liability to you as explained above remains unaffected by this.
Any views expressed on any bulletin boards are views expressed by other users on our site and do not represent our views or values. This information has not been approved by us. If any views are abusive, we have the right to immediately take down this information/comments.
We reserve the right to make any changes and correction to this site as and when we consider it appropriate and without notice.
Registered User password
You must keep your account details safe.
If you choose, or you are provided with password or any other piece of information as part of your security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party,
No information at this site shall constitute an invitation to invest in Coats Group plc. The price of shares and the income derived from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
You may not link to this website from another website unless you comply with the following guidelines:
- links must be to the homepage of the website at www.coats.com;
- you may not create a frame or any other border around the website;
- the site from which you wish to link must comply with all relevant laws and regulations and must not contain content which may be considered to be distasteful or offensive; and
- you must not imply that we endorse or are associated with any other website, product or service.
Other than the online sales terms and conditions, which are an invitation to treat (not an offer), nothing on this website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship with you or anyone else, except for these terms and conditions which govern the relationship between us in relation to your use of the website.
If you make a contract with a third party who is named or referred to on this website, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are comfortable with the terms of that contract and to take legal advice if necessary.
Availability of Products
Coats Group plc does not itself supply any products or services to customers. Reference to any product or service on the site does not constitute an offer to sell or supply that product and does not mean that the product or service is available in all countries or that the name, description or specification of the product or service will be the same as that included on the site. Specific advice concerning the availability and suitability of any particular product or service should be sought from the local Coats Group company or distributor.
Viruses, Hacking and other Offenses
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attach or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offense under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attach, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may affect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any term of these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The English and Welsh courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or use of the website.
This is Coats’ global company website.
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats Group of companies accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats Group of companies accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats Group of companies supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.