Notes to Editors
Coats is the world’s leading industrial thread manufacturer and a major player in the Americas textile crafts market. At home in some 50 countries, Coats employs 19,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2017 were US$1.5bn.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company leads the way around the world: providing complementary and value added products and services to the apparel and footwear industries; applying innovative techniques to develop high technology Performance Materials threads and yarns in areas such as automotive, composites and fibre optics; and extending the crafts offer into new markets and online.
Headquartered in the UK, Coats is a FTSE 250 listed company on the London Stock Exchange. It is the Official Thread Supplier to the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Each year we make enough thread to go into 8 billion pairs of jeans - that’s one for every person on the planet
- Every month Coats produces enough thread to stretch all the way to the sun
- More than 450 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- More than 100 million car airbags are made using Coats’ Performance Materials thread every year
- In 1879 Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in his experiments to invent the light bulb
- Our Red Heart knitting and crochet yarn brand has been named ‘America’s Most Recommended’ by the Women’s Choice Award for three years running
- Our flame retardant Performance Materials threads can withstand temperatures as high as 1,000 degrees Celsius
To find out more about Coats visit www.coats.com
To subscribe to news releases as they are added to the website go to www.coats.com/email-signup
Twine Solutions was founded in 2015 in Israel, with seasoned multidiscipline professionals emerging from the digital printing and textile industry.
Twine is an award-winning technology start-up developing a proprietary and revolutionary digital thread dyeing system, and a digital dye to match mobile application.
Twine’s system continuously dyes a single raw or off-the-shelf (white) thread to any requested length and in any colour, with a choice of millions of colours, shades, as well as colour gradients.
Twine’s DST™ (Digital Selective Treatment) disruptive technology eliminates the need for coloured thread stock, dramatically reduces logistics, dead stock and other waste costs as well as dramatically reducing time to market.
The single thread, single needle, multi-colour method will free creativity and design limitations, while improving production efficiencies, margins, overall profitability, all that in a sustainable, eco-friendly process.
For more information on Twine visit: http://twine-s.com