Frequently asked questions
Have a question? There's a good chance the answer is right here.
Select a topic below to see related Frequently Asked Questions. If you don’t find the answers you're looking for, use our Contact Us form to e-mail your information request to the appropriate Coats contact.
- Has the sewing machine been running at a slower speed for a long period resulting in a lack of oil to circulate around the machine? Turn the power of for 20 minutes for the machine to cool and restart.
- Has the power supply to the sewing machine been affected if so wait for the power supply to return.
- Has a large amount of lint accumulated under the needle plate if so turn off the power to the machine, clean the machine and restart?
- Has thread got caught around moving parts in the machine or caught in the shuttle. If so turn of power to the machine (give time for the motor to stop) remove thread blockage and restart.
- Has a safety device activated, if so turn off the machine correct the error and restart the machine.