Highly conductive composite yarns capable of leading away electrostatic charges and conducting transmissions.
Coats Conductive Yarns can be used in a wide range of end uses including, static dissipation, electromagnetic shielding, resistive heating, and electro-conductive transmission. Through the development of unique, innovative manufacturing processes, Coats is able to meet customer needs and find a perfect solution for all future requirements.
Key Technologies Employed
- Twisted or covered yarns
- Spun blended yarns and threads
- Insulated yarns via a braid, coating or covering system
- Clean Rooms, Hospitals, Filters
- Microwaves, Cellphones, WIFI
- Car Seat Systems, Heated Clothing
- Transfer Power, Main Use
- Sense Stimuli, Actuate Systems
- Health / Body sensors
- Smart textile
Features and Benefits
- Very low levels of resistivity ideal for static dissipation
- Use of a coating to allow some conductivity and establish a ‘Faraday Cage’
- Use of copper and steel for higher resistivity and thus heat generation
- Differing materials and constructions used to generate conductivity of <10k Ω/m allowing electro conductive transmission
Conductive Filament Positioning
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of the thread and yarn, Coats and its distributors can make no guarantee of results. These recommendations are given in good faith but without warranty or liability on the company or its employees. The thread and yarn user should assure herself or himself by preliminarily testing that the thread and yarn is suitable for the end use intended. Technical information listed above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative.
To talk to one of our Coats experts, please feel free to contact your local Coats representative.