Coats Helios Range
The Coats Helios range. Resilience without compromise.
Some manufacturing problems require thread with peerless levels of resilience. That’s why we developed Coats Helios — a range to meet the most rigorous demands of industry that’s also easy to use and soft enough for wearables.
For outstanding thermal insulation there’s Helios C and Helios K. For outdoor use and filtration media fit for the temperatures of an autoclave, there’s Helios P. And for supreme strength ten times stronger than high-grade steel, there’s Helios S.
Coats Helios P
Coats Helios P is the strongest polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) sewing thread on the market. It is a high performance sewing thread, made from 100% polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), offering excellent chemical, heat and UV-resistance.
- Ideal for outdoor goods which are exposed to harsh weather conditions
- it's guaranteed not to degrade under UV light or to react to chemicals
- It has high tenacity and an excellent sewing performance
Coats Helios K
Coats Helios K is a para-aramid wrapped sewing thread that is specifically engineered for a variety of technical safety products.
- Made from a special steel core that can withstand temperatures up to 1000°C without any mechanical strain and approximately 300°C under strain
- it has good sewing performance
Coats Helios C
Coats Helios C is a high performance sewing thread made from a steel core (steel class 1.4301 or AISI 304) with 8 to 10 steel wires wrapped with a flame retardant cotton cover.
- Can resist temperatures of approximately 500 - 600ºC without any mechanical strain and approximately 300ºC under mechanical strain.
- Provides good sewing performance
Coats Helios S
Coats Helios S is made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) and commercially available premium gel-spun, self-lubricating thread.
- Highly abrasion-resistant, cut-proof and an extremely light thread
- Exceptional strength and rigidity. Size for size, Coats Helios S is 10 times and 40% stronger than high grade steel and aramids respectively
- Delivers unique properties including high tensile strength and modulus, combined with cut-resistance
- Has low density - less than 1 gram per cubic centimetre, making it float on water - giving it a high strength to weight ratio