A temperature resistant fibre glass.
Coats Glasmo has been developed for the manufacturing of demanding filtration applications.
It is a temperature resistance fibre glass sewing thread with exceptional thermal stability up to operating temperatures of 593ºC. Fibre glass material does not burn, and E glass variety is used for spark plugs, thermo couples and ROHS compliant colour coded insulation wire assemblies.
The additional PTFE coating gives the product excellent frictional properties which it does not naturally have or has been imparted by conventional lubricants. The product provides good resistance to acids, alkalis and oxidants.
Glasmo QT is a Quartz sewing thread made from high purity, continuous filament pure fused silica with a maximum operating temperature of 2000°F/1094°.
Features and Benefits
- Unique blue sintering technology (as opposed to open flame) for low strength loss
- PTFE tower coating for excellent frictional properties and chemical inertness
- Excellent ‘cake release’ filtration properties on account of unique PTFE sintering technology
- Capable of operating in high operating temperatures of over 550ºC
- ROHS compliant dye stuffs for colour coded insulation assemblies
- Available in large package knotless tower tubes for high productivity operations
- Meets Coats restricted substance list
- Insulation (E glass)
- Spark plugs (E glass)
- Thermo couples (E glass)
- Wire assemblies (E glass)
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.