100% polyester yarn treated with an innovative process to give the finished yarn anti-microbial / anti-fungal properties
CoatsKnit Protect is a 100% polyester yarn treated with an innovative process to give the finished yarn anti-microbial / anti-fungal properties.
The anti-microbial process creates a ”zone of inhibition” that prevents the growth of bacteria and pathogens on the yarn where microbes like to harbour, leaving fabric crevices clean and fresh.
As a part of our commitment to building a sustainable future, CoatsKnit Protect can be produced from 100% GRS certified recycled materials as well as virgin origin.
Features and Benefits
- A specialised chemical aids the inhibition of bacteria without the use of harmful substances
- CoatsKnit Protect complies with ISO 20743:2013: Textiles determining the antibacterial activity of antibacterial finished products through a quantitative test by an absorption method
- Tested with staphylococcus aureus (AATCC strain no. 6538) and klebsiella pneumoniae (AATCC strain no. 4352) organisms and achieved pass after 100 washes (certified)
- World class colour quality and consistency
- Certified to Öko-Tex Standard 100, class I, the most stringent class covering textile items for babies and toddlers
- Meets Coats restricted substance list
- Suitable for vegan requirements
- Footwear knitted uppers
- Apparel garments
- Accessory fabrics
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.