Notes to Editors
Coats is the world’s leading industrial thread company. At home in some 50 countries, Coats has a workforce of 17,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2019 were US$1.4bn.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company leads the way around the world. It provides complementary and value added products, services and software solutions to the apparel and footwear industries. It applies innovative techniques to develop high technology Performance Materials threads, yarns and fabrics in areas such as Transportation, Telecommunications and Energy, and Personal Protection.
Headquartered in the UK, Coats is a FTSE 250 company, a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series and a participant in the UN Global Compact. It is also the Official Thread Supplier to the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Each year Coats makes enough thread to go into 8 billion pairs of jeans – that is one for every person on the planet
- Every month Coats produces enough thread to stretch all the way to the sun
- More than 450 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- More than 100 million car airbags are made using Coats’ Performance Materials thread every year
- In 1879 Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in his experiments to invent the light bulb
- Coats’ flame retardant Performance Materials threads can withstand temperatures as high as 1,000 degrees Celsius
- Coats Epic Ecoverde is the world’s first 100% recycled premium sewing thread
To find out more about Coats visit: www.coats.com
To find out more about Coats Digital visit: www.coatsdigital.com
To subscribe to news releases as they are added to the website go to www.coats.com/email-signup
Res.Q is a fast-growing suite of solutions focused on digitising the Shop Floor to address specific pain points not catered to by traditional ERPs. Seeded by Hirdaramani Investments, Res.Q’s premise is to provide actionable insights to CxOs and Front Line associates into order to ensure data-driven decision making.
Serai is a new technology subsidiary of HSBC, the world’s leading trade bank. It is a platform that brings together buyers and suppliers to build trusted relationships, with an initial focus on the garment and apparel industry. The platform allows industry participants to share relevant data in a highly secure manner with their partners and access a range of digitals solutions.