Vision, goals and principles
At Coats we have a clearly defined vision:
'We will be the world leader in value added engineered yarns and threads for industrial and consumer use.
We will develop and supply highly complementary products and services, where they add significant value to customers.
We will achieve success through customer-focused innovation and winning propositions driven by motivated people and global teamwork.'
Our goals and principles
The way we work to achieve our vision is guided by five principles and three goals
We are focused on three goals which will help us to achieve our vision:
- Profitable sales growth
- Increased productivity
- Positive teamwork
- Freedom to operate – this means providing a framework within which everyone in the business is empowered to do their job, and success is celebrated
- Delivery (keeping our promises) – to have credibility with our customers and each other we must deliver what we say we will
- Openness and honesty – we want an ethical culture which is free from politics and where constructive criticism can be given and received freely
- Customer led innovation – this means having the right mindset, capabilities and disciplined processes as well as investment to innovate and create products that meet the needs of our customers
- Energy for change – it is only by being prepared to try new things that we will succeed and grow