Coats wins at 2017 American Advertising Awards of Charlotte
28 February 2017
Coats, the world’s leading industrial thread manufacturer and a major player in the Americas textile crafts market, has won six awards at the first stage of the 2017 American Advertising Awards hosted by AAF Charlotte. Coats won gold awards in Art Direction and Responsive Design categories as well as silver in B2B Website; Branded Content; Online Campaign; and User Experience categories for its new website for the automotive industry launched in June 2016. The awards were presented at a gala dinner in Charlotte, North Carolina on Thursday 23 February.
Organised by the Charlotte affiliate of the American Advertising Federation, the awards honour creative excellence from the Charlotte area, and form the first of a three-tier national competition. All gold winners qualify for the American Advertising Federation District awards held in the spring. The national competition is in the summer for all gold winners at the different American Advertising Federations districts around the US.
Hizmy Hassen, Chief Digital and Technology Officer, Coats, said: ‘Digital is a key differentiator for Coats so to have the innovation and design of our new automotive website recognised by two gold and four silver awards is a great achievement.’
The mini site, themed ‘It’s all in the Details’, targets OEM and Tier 1 suppliers of the automotive industry and provides detailed information on Coats high performance threads as well as a unique way to submit technical and colour match sample requests. The site focuses on Coats approach to detail, which is essential for the high performance demands of the automotive industry.
The site was designed by Charlotte based marketing communications agency, Wray Ward. To see the award winning website go to: http://speciality.coats.com/auto/en
To download a high resolution image go to: www.coats.com/imagelibrary
For more information contact:
Kristina Blissett, Head of Communications email@example.com
T +44 (0)208 210 5084, M +44 (0)7714 539887
Notes to Editors
Coats is the world’s leading industrial thread manufacturer and a major player in the Americas textile crafts market. At home in some 60 countries, Coats employs 19,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2016 were US$1.5bn.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company leads the way around the world: providing complementary and value added products and services to the apparel and footwear industries; applying innovative techniques to develop high technology Performance Materials threads and yarns in areas such as automotive, composites and fibre optics; and extending the crafts offer into new markets and online.
Headquartered in the UK, Coats has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Each year we make enough thread to go into 8 billion pairs of jeans - that’s one for every person on the planet
- Every month Coats produces enough thread to stretch all the way to the sun
- More than 450 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- More than 100 million car airbags are made using Coats’ Performance Materials thread every year
- In 1879 Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in his experiments to invent the light bulb
- Our Red Heart knitting and crochet yarn brand has been named ‘America’s Most Recommended’ by the Women’s Choice Award for three years running
- Our flame retardant Performance Materials threads can withstand temperatures as high as 1,000 degrees Celsius
- Coats is the second largest supplier of zips to global brands