Operating to the highest ethical, business and employment standards…
At the core of our CR programme are the values and standards that we subscribe to as a company. Everyone in the Coats team shares the responsibility for developing and maintaining a working environment that we can be proud of. The foundations of this lie in everyone acting with honesty, integrity and fairness and speaking up if they feel this is not happening.
Our vision and business goals establish what we want to achieve at Coats and our 5 business principles describe the way we work:
- Freedom to operate – this means providing a framework within which everyone in the business is empowered to do their job, and success is celebrated
- Delivery (keeping our promises) – to have credibility with our customers and each other we must deliver what we say we will
- Openness and honesty – we want an ethical culture which is free from politics and where constructive criticism can be given and received freely
- Customer led innovation – this means having the right mindset, capabilities and disciplined processes as well as investment to innovate and create products that meet the needs of our customers
- Energy for change – it is only by being prepared to try new things that we will succeed and grow
We have high expectations of ourselves, and the relationships we build with our stakeholders. We want to achieve success, and look to grow through positive, global teamwork. Our business reputation, together with the trust and confidence of the people we do business with, is one of our most valuable assets. Our Ethics Code applies to everyone who represents, or acts on behalf of, Coats and helps them to understand their role in upholding our values.
Our CR governance structure is formalised by the membership of a CR Advisory Group which is chaired by a member of our Management Board.
Copies of our key CR policies and the terms of reference for the CR Advisory Group are published on our downloads page.